Many people ask me,”why is blogging important?” It’s a very simple question that can be answered in many ways. Put simply, blogging offers you a new opportunity with the potential to build relationships and add a personal touch to your brand, which in turn gives you an edge over your competitors. Looking to get ahead of your competition? A company blog is your answer!
6 Benefits of Blogging
- It builds relationships with visitors (a.k.a. generates potential leads). These new relationships you acquire may turn into potential leads for your company, and in addition, blogging may also help build stronger relationships with existing customers as it creates loyalty between you and the customers.
- It gives added value to your website. Team members can have an opportunity to contribute to writing blogs about any topic relating to your industry. It will give readers the scoop on what’s new, and blogging is a way to keep things fresh.
- You develop an authority and a following. Readers will come back to read your blogs, share and reread if they find your topics relevant.
- It communicates your brand image. This is a way to express your brand identity, and continue to do so with each blog post.
- You become a go-to expert in your industry. Blogging about topics that relate to your senior care industry will make you a credible source when it comes to information.
- It increases your search engine rankings. Blogging increases the chances of your services being found when people are searching online. The more content pages you have on your website, the more likely you are to be found on the search engines--and at a higher place, too!
Making Blogging Easy
If you are new to blogging, it can be hard to know where to start, so here are a few tips:
- Develop an outline of categories that focuses on your brand, and blog about topics relating to those categories.
- You don’t have to create in-depth and long posts. Most readers respond better to shorter, more concise posts.
- If your company has social media pages, be sure to link to them somewhere in your blog.
- Results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you feel like your blog is not getting any hits. Just keep at it, and it will soon catch on.
Starting your blog is the first step, and once you have that done you need to continually pump out new content that is relevant to your target persona and interesting enough that they engage with it. Need assistance with your blogging strategy? Contact one of our inbound strategists today!