While anyone can buy the HubSpot marketing, sales and customer service software, it takes a specific skill set to utilize the robust platform to its full extent. After the excitement of purchasing the system wears off, it's not uncommon to feel a little overwhelmed and even frustrated that your team is not getting the full value from it.
As a HubSpot agency partner, we’ve heard it all:
“We made the investment in the platform and still aren’t seeing the full ROI.”
“Our team is spinning their wheels due to a lack of knowledge in the tool.”
“Sales isn’t fully or consistently using the tool, and now feels it’s clunky.”
“We need consistent HubSpot support - a partner who understands our strategy and company goals.”
Bring in an Expert
If you can relate, it’s time to bring in expert help! Look for a partner who is HubSpot certified and can help you use your investment to its full potential.
HubSpot certified agencies have met specific criteria from HubSpot to successfully service and manage clients using the platform. View our profile in the HubSpot directory here.
Vet out agency partners using three main criteria and questions to ask:
How to Vet Out a HubSpot Agency Partner
1) Evaluate Experience
- What experience do they have with HubSpot?
- Do they use HubSpot internally for their own sales, marketing and customer service?
- What case studies or success stories do they have?
- Is the agency HubSpot certified in the areas where you need support?
- Do they have an in-house team that you will be working with? Or do they outsource the work?
- Are the individual team members HubSpot certified?
- What were some of the more challenging projects they handled?
- What were some creative solutions they came up with for challenging projects?
- Do they have support when they don’t have an answer? (They may not have all the answers when it comes to the ins and outs of a robust software system like HubSpot; however, it is important that they have a support system in place to find the answer and implement the work that needs to be done in a timely manner.)
- Does their culture and personality align with your team? (Don’t underestimate the importance of the partnership to be formed. Projects often run smoother when the fit is right.)
2) Look for Proven Methodology
- What is their overall methodology? (Hint: look for a partner who believes the tool should be fit for your team and processes -- not the other way around.)
- Are they organized?
- Do they have an onboarding process?
- Have they clearly outlined the phases or steps that will occur?
- Did they clearly outline who has what roles? Their roles vs your roles?
- Do they take an agile approach that allows them to adjust, adapt or modify based on your specific needs? (Change is inevitable as the tool should be adjusted as your sales and marketing needs evolve.)
- Do they have an internal project management tool and process?
- How do they track work?
- Do they set deadlines?
- How will you be informed of project progress?
- Will they have a project manager dedicated to your project?
- How will your team be trained?
- Do they have a continuous improvement process?
- Do they use data to help support their decisions?
3) Assess Additional Resources
- What additional marketing and sales services do they provide that can support you in optimally using HubSpot well into the future?
- Website design, development?
- Search Engine Optimization?
- Email marketing?
- Content marketing?
- Social media marketing?
- Ecommerce website development?
- Recruitment marketing?
- Video strategy and production?
- Internal designers/branding experts?
- Virtual selling?
- Sales templates?
- Inbound marketing strategists and coaches?
- Sales coaches?
- If they don’t have in-house resources you may need, do they have trusted partners they work with regularly?
Finding the Right Partner
Don’t let software headaches weigh you down. When it comes to HubSpot, it’s an all-in-one system that can do just about anything -- if you know how to take advantage of its features to achieve your marketing and sales goals.
Be transparent and upfront about your frustrations and what you’re looking for. Share your needs, both from a tactical and strategic perspective so your partner sees the whole picture and can help you identify what you actually need.
A good agency will help guide you down the path to maximize your investment and achieve your goals.
Whether you’re just getting started with HubSpot or are looking to take greater advantage of its features to improve sales and marketing performance, contact Marketing Essentials. We are a HubSpot-certified agency partner, with expertise in the HubSpot CRM and Marketing Automation platform.