Do you know who’s buying from you?
Do you know how they’re finding you?
Do you know why they’re buying from you?
Do you know what they need?
If you can’t answer these questions, you’re not only losing customers, you’re losing prospects before they become customers!
Too many businesses think it’s enough to put their products out there and list their features. However, if you don’t list the benefits to customers, your audience might miss them. Not only that, you’ll end up competing on price even if your product is superior.
Find your customers!
To find more customers, consider:
- Your audience’s demographics
- Your audience’s core interests
- Your audience’s pain points
- How your audience consumes content
- How your products solve your audience’s problems
If you don’t know who your customers are or why they come to you, you’re wasting your time and money on prospects unlikely to buy from you. You might as well be standing on a street corner, handing out brochures.
By identifying and targeting your audience, you can refine your strategy to be more efficient – getting more customers for less time and effort.
According to HubSpot:
- Emails targeted toward your audience yield 18 times more revenue than non-targeted emails
- Targeted emails boost click-through rates by 14 percent and conversion rates by 10 percent
- Websites created specifically to reach your audience are as much as 5 times more effective than all-purpose websites
- Persona-based marketing results in increased website traffic, more efficient organic search results, and a higher number of interested leads.
Identifying your audience also helps you create and upgrade your product or service. Your persona guides you in decisions about what you should make and how you should market it. For example, you wouldn’t market hair care products at your local hardware store. However, you might consider marketing a comb that turns into a screwdriver there.
When you know your audience, you’ll also know their challenges and be better able to meet those challenges with your product.
If this hit home, it’s likely your digital marketing efforts are not producing the results you want and expect. Discover the gaps in your marketing strategy by scheduling a free consultation. Simply call 419-629-0080.